Isn’t it true that we live in an era where we look for everything online from the glass of water to the professional lawyers? This is the reason that every service provider needs to be active online so that maximum people can get benefits. Lawyers also need to move at the same speed with which this digital world is moving.
Indeed lawyers are facing real challenges in attracting clients. It’s quite difficult to generate traffic for a law firm website as there is so much competition in the legal niche when it comes to law firm SEO (search engine optimization).
If you are a lawyer and you want to generate more traffic on your website and attract more clients then it’s essential to learn why law firm SEO matters and what is the strategy to generate website traffic.
How does SEO Work?
SEO is one of the best strategies for a law firm to generate traffic. Mostly people search for a lawyer who is near them. They won’t search for the one who lives outside of the country right? The best thing about SEO is that it will target users who live near you. This is known as local SEO, with the help of local SEO the law firm can serve people within a geographical location.
For example: if the client is writing “best personal injury lawyer in London ” in search engine and if you belong to London and provide services there along with this, your website is SEO optimized and you have used localized keywords then surely your website will arrive at the top because of SEO. The client won’t get a chance to move as your website arrived at the top and you belong to London as well as the client.
This is how with the help of local SEO and localized keywords you can gain traffic.
Why does SEO matter?
Every search engine like google, bing and others must have some strategies which are essential to follow if you want to rank at the top in the search engine. You can’t rank these sites if your websites are not SEO optimized. The truth is that clients only know those lawyers who rank on the first page. Few reasons why SEO matters are
- SEO helps law firms to outrank in the search results.
- SEO converts general traffic into leads.
- SEO helps your website to rank among your local competitors.
- SEO helps lawyers to get more phone calls through Google, my business and other local sites.
- SEO helps to generate more traffic through high-quality content.
- With the help of obtaining positive reviews from clients, SEO improves online reputation.
- Law firm SEO works for stabilizing you as a reputable authority.
How can lawyers implement SEO?
Lawyers can implement SEO by following any one option out of two.
- First is that they need to learn SEO by themselves and work hard so that their websites can rank in search engines.
- And the second option is that lawyers should hire experts who manage their Law Firm SEO websites.
Option 1: How can lawyers implement Seo themselves?
By following basic steps lawyers can implement SEO but with time they must learn technical things. A few basic facts are
1. Keyword research
Keywords help in such a way that if the client is writing something in a search engine and the same words have been used in your site content then the search engine will surely rank you.
- Keywords search is important if you want to rank your website.
- You should write about your specialties, your services, and most important your location because if some will look for the same location service then chances are that your site will rank.
- Use synonyms for your keywords.
- Try to use simple words in your content by putting you in a client’s place.
2. Write and publish the content for your law firm
Content plays a great role to attract a client
- You can inspire clients with your inspirational content writing and draw their attention toward you.
- Write an easy and understandable description of your legal service that delivers information about your priorities for customers.
- Highlight calls-to-action so that your clients can easily get to know how and where they can book your services.
3. Build your presence and links
- Register your profile at Google My Business.
- Ask your customers to leave comments
- Update web pages and keep your site up to date
- Get backlinks.
Closing with the second option
that lawyers should hire experts who manage their Law Firm SEO websites. Usually, lawyers have to deal full time with the clients, and courts, they search for evidence and what’s not. It’s quite tough for them to handle online as well. Online marketing also requires time and management. The SEO experts have the experience to rank your site and generate traffic. They know how to do on and off-site optimization using different analytics, link buildings and promote attractive content. You’ll surely get more return on investment by hiring experts.